The Men's Ministry at Oakwood Presbyterian Church endeavors to share the good news of Jesus Christ through word and deed, to demonstrate His love for people, and to serve our church and community in His name.
The Men's Ministry meets regularly to pray (James 5:16) and study God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17), join in fellowship to encourage one another (Hebrews 3:12-13, 10:24-25), and periodically join in service to the church and the community (James 1:22). The Men's Ministry will:
- Meet weekly for a time of study, prayer, and fellowship. Meetings will last for one hour. A Morning group will meet from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM on Tuesdays in the Oakwood fellowship hall.
- Conduct weekly prayer and study in small groups. The small group prayer and study provides an opportunity to grow in relationship with Christ, deepen men's understanding of God's word, support one another through prayer, build relationships with other men in the group, and train men in small group leadership.
- Periodically seek opportunities to serve the needs of the church and/or the community. Service needs may be identified by the session, deacons, or by participants in the Men's Ministry, and will be agreed upon by consensus.
- Occasionally conduct stand-alone events, such as retreats or seminars. Such events provide an opportunity for men to spend time together as well as to reach out to and invite other men from the church and community.
- Be open to any man. We encourage men to bring friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.
Each week we will open our meetings with 5-10 minutes of sharing hot drinks and socializing. The next 45 minutes will be spent discussing the reading and/or scripture. The final 5-10 minutes will be spent in small group prayer.
At the end of the calendar year we will assess the status and progress of the ministry, consult with the Session to determine if the Oakwood Men's Ministry should continue, and determine any changes that may be necessary.
Please direct any questions to Jeremy Amaismeier ( ).